Saturday, April 27, 2013

Almost home...

We are so close.

Through this process we have the joy of getting to know Mr. and Mrs. Seller. I was able to meet with them one last time today. I could spend hrs discussing the homestead lifestyle and gleening from their wealth of knowledge and experience. They offered me 30 years of tips on how to maintain this place. Our Homestead.

We walked the property with the sun beating down and the green coming up from the ground. It was quiet in the middle of all of it. I had to control the overwhelming urge to kick off my shoes and start digging in the dirt of the kitchen garden.

I am ready. Now it is time to wait.

It was fun to spend the day with them. When around them I glimpse what the Sutton future looks like. An organized home with more work to do than hours in the day. A life where you do the best with what you have and most importantly LOVE IT. They worked on this place knowing it would live beyond their time. That it's quality and efficiency must last longer.

We are lucky to not have to start from scratch on these ideas...this DREAM. It has been in the works since around the time I was born. It has been growing, developing, changing.

Now it is OURS. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment